There definitely are MUST HAVES to look for when choosing your diamond.
Below are important questions to ask ANY jeweler about the benefits they provide when purchasing a diamond from them.
If the answer is “yes”, ask for the answer and details in writing … they should be more than happy to provide it.
BEST ADVICE WHEN BUYING A DIAMOND: Your Eyes Never Lie. Since 1963, we have never bought a diamond without looking at it first -- and neither should you.
- No two diamonds are exactly alike, and each has its own characteristics and beauty.
- It would be impossible to appreciate a diamond simply by looking at the certificate that accompanies it.
- To really appreciate a diamond, you need to see what makes that diamond unique. “Show me”, it’s as simple as that.
What about the 4 Cs? The “4 Cs Grading Scale” is an OPINION BASED scale that was developed by the Gemological Institute of America. While this scale provides helpful guidelines about a diamond, it is NOT the main factor in determining whether a diamond is beautiful or not.
- The “4 C’s” refer to guidelines that narrow down the Cut, Clarity, Carat and Color guidelines of a diamond.
- The Internet is a great resource for becoming familiar with the basics of the 4 Cs, but please be cautious; the information can be misleading.
- You should always view a diamond before buying, so you can personally see and understand what makes your diamond beautiful.
When buying a diamond, seeing REALLY IS believing. Your eyes NEVER lie.
Lee Read Diamonds pass high standards tests. Lee Read has a complete in-store Gem Lab and Certified Gemological Appraiser. He has received the highest levels of gemological training available from the Gemological Institute of America, the same organization that created the 4 Cs grading scale.
We regularly reject diamonds that do not meet Lee Read standards, regardless of the grade claimed on the certificate. We refuse to depend on someone else's interpretation of grading for a Lee Read Diamond.
If you're purchasing a Lee Read Diamond, we grade it, and we stand behind that grade.
What about “Certs”? All Lee Read Diamonds have been officially graded by a certified Gemological Institute of America Graduate Gemologist as well as an American Gem Society Gemological Appraiser.
- Diamond Quality Documents or “Certs” are sometimes provided by diamond suppliers and jewelers to further verify the “opinion based” grade of a diamond.
- While SOME diamond quality documents or “certs” provide an accurate depiction of a diamond’s grade; there are MANY that are INACCURATE.
- A misconception of a Diamond Quality Document or “cert” is that it will verify the value of a diamond. None of these pieces of paper will ever list the value of the diamond it represents. They merely are an attempt to provide an “assurance” as to the quality of a diamond.
At Lee Read, we never buy a diamond without looking at it first, regardless of the laboratory or company that prepares the certificate.
Who can you trust? You can always trust: 1) Your Eyes and 2) Your Preferred Jeweler.
- A knowledgeable jeweler can help you understand what makes one diamond more valuable than another. Your jeweler can also show you what makes each diamond unique.
- We will gladly show you your Lee Read Diamond under extreme magnification, so you can easily see its characteristics, beauty and value.
- We will also show you our interactive video to teach you about where diamonds come from, what they look like when they are found and how they are cut
Have Fun! Finding your perfect diamond can be an amazing experience and should be a FUN experience.
- As you can probably tell by now, Lee Read isn't like most jewelers, and we're proud of that. We're here to not just help you find a diamond, but your perfect Lee Read Diamond.
- At, Lee Read, the fun and excitement start as soon as you walk through the doors of the Lee Read Diamond Dream Store. You're already excited about the next steps of your life together, and we're excited to help you on your way.
- Unfortunately, most jewelers, mass merchants and Internet companies have taken the fun and excitement out of buying one of the most important things you'll ever own. To other jewelers and retailers you are a transaction and a customer.
At Lee Read, you're a friend. That's the reason why more Idahoans wear Lee Read Diamonds than any other jeweler.